Saturday, July 4, 2009

happy july 4th!

Karly & I started off the July 4th weekend with a bang - a shopping spree, chinese dinner with Keith, and a marshmallow fry. You have to fry (burn) a marshmallow to truly appreciate it.





Neil spent the week at Indian Hills Christian Camp, and here he is in front of the wagon he slept in. Actually, nine guys slept in it! He said that the week was a blast, but scored only 8 points on a 10-scale, losing points for bad living conditions. He likes clean bathrooms and eating indoors, without bugs. He is our son.



Will (Keith's friend since childhood) and Laurie Moselle, and their children, Ava & Spencer, came over on Friday, to visit, eat, swim, and see our new house!

4 comments:

Karly Franz said...

good times. cant wait to hear about neils camping! see you on the 12th if not sooner!

Tracy said...

I am with Neil....I mean camping really??!! Can't we love Jesus from a nice hotel or resort?

Anonymous said...

If Neil thinks that the living conditions were bad a camp, wait until he comes to Westhaven. Fire pit looks perfect/hot. I wanted to say Hot, but that would add to dumb grampa stuff. Lulu love burnt food, I remember burning popcorn when we were on the road. Gma still talks about the two of us and our strange eating habits. Our fourth was GREAT with the arrival of Tegan Nicole Johnson. nuf said
gpa

Anonymous said...

I can feel foolish hearing myself laugh outloud all alone when reading your blogs. Irma Bombeck had that same effect on me!