
I've never liked orange. It's just so ORANGE. So this year, all Halloween orange was banished to the front porch. Inside, it's black, white, grey, and RED.
I like holiday decorating to be repetitive in color and theme, and under no circumstances should it involve "Fleece Faces"! You know those stuffed things that look a ghost, witch, or snowman, and are lining the dusty shelves of Ross and Marshalls, from August to New Year's?
My dear friend, DeAnne, who really is a very good decorator, cannot seem to stay away from the "Fleece Faces"! I constantly have to tear some raggedy scarecrow or santa out of her hands, while shopping, or even sneak some of the nasty-faced dust mongers out of her cart! If you have holiday decor with a fleece face (or body or anything), for the love of Jesus - let it go. Thank you!
This year, I stuck with a spooky theme, using red and white pumpkins, skulls, skeletons, and black crows, and black feathers.
Outside, the theme is still spooky (no 'cutesy' or generic 'fall'). Oh, and no scarecrows. Fleece faces or not, scarecrows are generally a bad idea. I don't need to explain. Just remember: crows-good, scarecrows-not. This applies to fall decorating, as well. There is a reason why 4 -foot scarecrows cost only $6.99.
This guy sits on the front porch, where orange IS allowed.
The black flag on the left has a cool pirate skull on it, and I'd consider it a warning. If I see fleecefaces or scarecrows in YOUR decor, I may have to take action.
Happy Halloween!





4 comments:
Holly this is hysterical! You are such a funny writer! I love your decor. Your photography was a little weak, but I still give it a 30.
I love it! I didn't even decorate this year! So many do's and dont's! My fav. is the crows!
What is a 30? What is the scale? I love each post 10 out of ten!
lovedad
Rad Rad Rad. Great photos! I think I saw a fleece friend today on the back-dash of someones car. It was frightening.
Post a Comment