Saturday, January 16, 2010

two and a half men

The Christmas post can wait. This is interesting. Really. It Is.

Keith and I, being huge fans of the sitcom "Two and a Half Men", had talked for years about going to LA to see the taping. Tickets are nearly impossible to get, but the miraculous occurred, and we headed up for Friday's taping with Mike and DeAnne. (DeAnne is my BFF, and partner in crime at 'Dancing With the Stars', and Mike is her "hot & hilarious drummer" hubby).

Unless you are living in a cave, you've heard about Charlie Sheen's recent domestic issues. BYW: He is the star of the show, and makes $825,000 per half hour episode. Just a little trivia fer 'ya. Anywho, we became a bit concerned that his legal woes might affect our precious plans. All was a go, however, and much to our relief.

Now, some would say I've had pretty good luck with the celebretunities in my time. I don't like to brag, of course, but may I remind you: front row CMT Awards, meeting Keith Urban, coffee w/ Keith & Nicole, red carpet Emmy's, a stint on Family Feud, front row Dancing With the Stars, and I'll spare you the rest, for now. Any and all celebretunities I've had have exceeded my expectations. It's a gift, I guess. Some might call it a "stalker-ish waste of time'. I prefer "a fond appreciation of seeing stars".

We arrived at the Warner Brothers Studios in Burbank, parked, and began heading to the check- in area, along with some other ticket-waving, smiling loonies. As we got to the podium, we are told "Tonight's taping has been cancelled. I'm sorry." Huh!? I felt like the Griswold's , driving 2,000 miles to Wally World, only to be told "Sorry Folks, Parks Closed"! No explanation was given, only that it was very last-minute.

It seemed criminal, and surely, Charlie was to blame! Either he landed himself in the clinker AGAIN, or disappeared on some drinking binge with an un-named, and likely paid, bimbo! Not cool, Charlie. NOT COOL.

L.A. is an armpit, for sure, but it is a fun one, so we stayed for awhile to let the rush-hour traffic pass. Universal Studios CityWalk was just 1.3 miles down the road. It's an outdoor mall/eatery/drinkery/movie/entertainment/people watching haven.


DeAnne is a hot ghetto mess




You can fly! For $40 bucks, and the possibility that the "instructor" may grab you in all the wrong places!

no comment on this one




shrimp cocktail, shrimp stew, shrimp casserole, shrimp salad, shrimp pasta, shrimp...


For Andy & Karyn - this is a sign at CityWalk. Thought you'd like that!

On the way outta there, we were passed by two sirened, speeding trucks, with the words "BOMB SQUAD" clearly marked on all sides. Only in L.A.!

Sooooo... this morning I am reading the news (TMZ) and come across this little nugget:

Security flooded the set of "Two and a Half Men" on Friday after a threat was made against Jon Cryer.

Sources connected with the show tell us the threat was "significant." We're also told it involves the turbulent divorce with Jon's ex-wife.

Sources tell us the taping went on, but because of security concerns, there was be no audience.

The threat does not involve Charlie Sheen.

We spoke with Vicki Greene, lawyer for Sarah Trigger (Jon's ex) who said, "There's no reason in the world why Sarah would do anything like that."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0cnOAekpQ

Who knew!? I was so quick to throw Charlie under the bus, it never occurred to me that Jon "Ducky" Cryer or his crazy ex had any part of it! Did the "BOMB SQUAD" units come from there? We'll never know. Will we try again to see the taping? Heck, ya!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Yet another post that makes me laugh, you are silly. Thanks for the photo, now I know what you really think of me! haha
So, since you were in L.A you should have gone on the new tour... "LA Gang Tours" (seriously, have you heard about that?)

Tracy said...

I guess it's typical that things go on clearance when they are out of fashion......